Apple Loft Cottage – Romantic rural retreat for two near to Dartmoor National Park
Apple Loft Cottage is a gorgeous converted stone barn just ideal for a romantic break for two. The cottage has been furnished to a good standard and offers guests quality, private accommodation near to Dartmoor National Park and the South Hams area of Devon. You could not pick a more beautiful rural area in Devon with the River Dart and South Devon Railway running behind the property.
The cottage is one mile from the centre of the historic woollen town of Buckfastleigh where you will find a vibrant atmosphere with its quaint high street of shops, pubs and eateries. Buckfast Abbey, the South Devon Railway and Otter Sanctuary are all close by.
Although located in a lovely spot the cottage is just minutes from the A38 which provides easy access to Dartmoor and the South Hams area of Devon.
Whilst the cottage is attached to the owners AA “4Star Gold” rated Bed and Breakfast establishment, it is still very separate from the main house and the owners are very conscious of guests’ privacy.
The cottage consists of:
- GROUND FLOOR: Sitting/dining room with beamed vaulted ceiling, oak floor, sofa, pine table and chairs and antique captains chair. TV/DVD player and wood-burner effect electric stove. The room has three windows overlooking the patio and main gardens towards the pond and orchard beyond. The kitchen is cream shaker style, fully equipped with electric cooker and hob, fridge/freezer, microwave oven and dishwasher. The shower room is fully tiles with contemporary corner shower unit, wash bowl on shaker style cabinet, WC.
- FIRST FLOOR: Bedroom, with vaulted ceiling, king size bed, two bed side cabinets, antique chest of drawers and pine armoire.
- OUTSIDE: Parking for one car, private courtyard with patio. Use of main gardens and grounds.
- LINEN: Bedding, towels and bathrobes provided.
- WiFI: Provided.
- HEATING: Full gas central heating