Bishop’s Castle Barn – luxurious Shropshire retreat
A superb, detached stone cottage with a hot tub, in a rural location next to the owners’ home less than two miles from the popular market town of Bishop’s Castle in the heart of Shropshire.
This delightful cottage offers stunning unspoilt views across the valley and access onto the Shropshire Way, and it provides excellent accommodation for families and friends to enjoy the area.
Guests can enter into the property to find a useful, heated drying room, ideal for drying off wet coats and boots after a bracing walk in the beautiful surrounding area.
With split-level, upside down living, the cottage feels bright and airy inside, entering into a double height entrance hall with staircase up to the mezzanine kitchen and dining area with high ceiling.
A further short flight of stairs leads into the L-shaped sitting room with balustrade overlooking the kitchen, giving a feeling of openness to the living space.
On the ground floor are a bedroom with a king-size zip/link bed and a family bathroom with bath and electronic-controlled rainfall shower.
Four steps lead down from here to a welcoming double room with an en-suite shower room.
Outside there is a raised decking area which is the perfect location to sit and relax in the peace and tranquillity of the countryside whilst absorbing the breathtaking views.
At night, the sky comes alive with stars due to the lack of city lights and the luxury hot tub is the ideal location from which to lie back and enjoy the spectacle, perhaps with a glass of wine.
A footpath runs past the cottage leading onto the Shropshire Way and on into Bishop’s Castle, or west and linking up with the nearby Offa’s Dyke Path.
The owners have even provided an external 3-pin electric car charging point should this be required.
This lovely cottage has been well equipped and furnished throughout to provide a delightful holiday location all year round.
Features at a glance
- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Two ground floor bedrooms with TV with FreeSat and DVD: 1 x king-size double (zip/link, can be 2’ 6” twin on request) with Jack-and-Jill access to bathroom. 1 x double with en-suite shower, basin and WC. Ground floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. First floor kitchen with dining area and four steps up to mezzanine sitting room with sofa bed. Heated drying room.
- Electric central heating
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, TV with FreeSat, DVD, WiFi
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Parking for 1 car with 3-pin electric charging point, plus further parking available in Bishop’s Castle
- External bike rack and cleaning area
- Elevated decking with hot tub, furniture and barbecue
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shops 1.7 miles, pub 1.2 miles
- Note: Four internal steps down to en-suite double bedroom and four up to mezzanine sitting area and external steps to decking, care to be taken
- Note: Property accessed 0.1 miles along an unadopted sloping track
- Note: Owner can offer a pick-up service from local train station for walkers and cyclists on request
- Note: Guests can order a Sainsbury’s or Tesco delivery to be delivered to the cottage prior to arrival
- Please contact the owner directly to inform him of this and for more information.
The attractive market town of Bishop’s Castle is surrounded by the South West Shropshire Hills, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The ancient town offers a weekly market and an excellent variety of shops, pubs and places to eat. It is famous for its annual Real Ale Festival, Tandem Triathlon and regular festivals and fairs, including Party in the Park and the particularly popular, Michaelmas Fair.
“An absolutely faultless cottage and the facilities were outstanding. There was fantastic walking straight from the door. The hot tub was a real treat after a days walking.”
Office: 01244 746383