Candlelight Cottage 5-star, luxury holiday cottage – Peak District
Candlelight Cottage (sleeps 4) a 5-star luxury self catering holiday cottage in the heart of the Peak District, close to Derbyshire’s Bakewell, Buxton and Chatsworth House.
Candlelight Cottage is a romantic, oak beamed holiday cottage overlooking the green in the picturesque village of Litton. Recently renovated and beautifully furnished to a very high standard, the cottage, provides all the home comforts and modern conveniences you would expect and more. A peaceful retreat, with soft leather sofas, Wi-Fi, AGA and luxury bathroom with separate shower, Candlelight Cottage is the perfect central base for sightseeing, walking, caving, fishing, climbing, cycling, sailing or simply getting away from it all.
At a Glance
– Personal welcome and generous welcome pack including local specialties
– Television and DVD player
– CD/radio/iPod docking station
– Coal effect gas stove
– Well equipped kitchen with electric ceramic hob, oven, microwave and AGA
– Larder fridge and sperate freezer
– Washing machine
– Tumble drying service
– Separate drying room
– Bath with separate shower cubicle
– Private patio garden with garden furniture, parasol and BBQ
– Games, DVD’s, maps and tourist information provided
– Linen and towels provided
– Heating and electricity included
– Double glazing throughout
– External lighting
– Totally non smoking and pet free
– Regret no children under 8 years old
– Open all year round
– Short Breaks available
– Village pub renowned for the quality of its food
– Superb walks and cycling from the doorstep
Litton can certainly be described as one of the most attractive villages in the Peak District with many late 17th and early 18th century houses, full of charm and character set around a large village green where you can find an ancient cross, old wooden stocks and a quaint village pub. More information
Things to do
There are countless visitor attractions in the area; far too many to mention here. At Candlelight Cottage we provide organised folders full of leaflets covering museums, theme parks, gardens, arts and crafts, railways, music and the arts, food and drink and shopping to name but a few. If there is something special you want to do during your visit, do let us know beforehand. We will be only too willing to help with information or put you in touch with other organisations. More information
Our third stay at Candlelight Cottage – Wonderful as ever. Your awards are more than deserved.
Such a cosy cottage in an idyllic situation. We have hardly used the car, there were so many wonderful walks from the doorstep. The local shop was a great asset.
We had a wonderful time at Candlelight Cottage Litton this spring. It is an invaluable experience to spend our holiday in such a characteristic English home
So completely equipped we brought along a lot of stuff we didn’t need because it was all provided. So exceptionally clean we felt we were the first guests to ever stay there.