Coleridge – luxury cottage Quantock Hills, Somerset
This superb, detached wood-clad cottage is in a lovely location at the top of Somerset’s majestic Quantock Hills, one mile from the village of Kilve.
A stunning, single-storey holiday home that’s ideal for couples, small families and your four-legged friends, and at 650ft above sea level, you’re able to admire the superb, panoramic coastal views before entering your little piece of luxury.
Once inside this wonderful holiday home you will instantly relax and start to enjoy all the character features, boutique country styling and mod cons, including an instant boiling hot water tap – no need to even boil the kettle!
There are exposed oak beams in the wonderful, light and airy open plan living area with a cosy woodburning stove, from where you’re able to enjoy countryside views from the floor to ceiling French windows.
There are also two en-suite bedrooms at this delightful cottage, both of which have silk wallpaper, fluffy towels and soft bed linens, they’re guaranteed to give you a good night’s sleep after a day’s exploring.
However before resting your head, you need to venture outside and relax in the hot tub, where you can let the stresses of everyday life drift away.
Alternatively, read a chapter or two from a good book whilst lazing on the hammock, or if the weather is a little inclement snuggle down in one of the two deep leather sofas in front of the roaring woodburning stove.
An additional benefit to staying in this charming cottage is that there is no need to pack your or Fido’s stuff into the car to go walkies as the Quantock Hills, which offer some of England’s very best scenery are literally at the end of the garden.
There is also a shop and pub within walking distance, ideal for stocking up on provisions and socialising with the locals.
Somerset is bursting with things to see and do, including walking and admiring the scenery and wildlife on the Quantock Hills, whilst the nearest beach is just 1.5 miles away, where you may be lucky enough to find a fossil, and there’s an abundance of attractions and pretty villages, towns and cities to visit within reach.
This quality cottage is an excellent base to explore the area at any time of year.
Features at a glance
- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
All ground floor. Two super king-size double bedrooms (zip/link, can be twin on request) with en-suite shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with woodburning stove.
- Oil underfloor heating throughout with woodburning stove
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, American fridge/freezer, Nespresso coffee machine, washer/dryer, dishwasher, 3 x TVs with Freeview, DVD, iPod dock, Bluetooth speaker, WiFi
- Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair
- Ample off road parking
- Bike storage
- Outside hot and cold taps available
- Large, enclosed raised lawned garden with flat patio, hot tub, furniture and BBQ
- Three well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 14 mins walk
- Note: Property accessed via a mile long narrow country lane, there are passing places
- Note: Although all ground floor, this cottage isn’t suitable for wheelchair users
- Note: A maid service, home-cooked food, beauty treatments and dog grooming are all available at an additional cost
- Please contact the owner for more details and prices
- Note: Winter Short Breaks available (3 night Friday start only, or 4 night Monday start only) at £490.
The small village of Kilve is situated in the Quantock Hills, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, just five miles from the village of Williton and thirteen miles from the town of Bridgwater in Somerset. Kilve hosts a quaint pub, Post Office and shop for all your general needs, as well as the Old Chantry tea rooms, which are set in an ancient monastery.
“We particularly liked the peace and quiet at Coleridge, such luxurious surroundings.”
View Website »
Office: 01244 746383