Croft House Barn – Luxury Peak District self-catering cottage
Croft House Barn is a very comfortable, spacious holiday cottage in the idyllic Peak District National Park, which can sleep up to 6 (plus cots) in three en-suite bedrooms, one on the ground floor. The barn is perfectly located near a country inn and is ideal for walking, cycling, Ashbourne, Derbyshire, Dovedale, Alton Towers.
Gold Award for exceptional quality of accommodation and customer service
Open plan ground floor, stone flagged throughout:-
- Large, comfortable living-room with exposed stonework, wood-burner style gas stove, high quality fixtures and fittings, including lamps and wall lights.
- Characterful downstairs bedroom with luxurious, super-kingsized bed (can be twin bedded)
- En-suite shower room for above, doubles as a family cloakroom if required
- Dining Room with seating for up to 8 people, views out to flower border and open fields beyond.
Stone and wrought iron steps to…
- Light oak, Shaker-style fully-equipped kitchen with high-beamed ceiling, side door to driveway. Equipped with dishwasher, microwave, fridge, small freezer, hand-mixer, coffee maker, four-slice toaster. Views to landscaped area, trees and meadows.
- Utility room housing oil-fired boiler, washing machine and tumble dryer.
Short flight of timber stairs to:-
- Twin bedroom with en-suite shower room
- Light, double bedroom with exposed timbers, en-suite bathroom with bath and shower over.
Facilities at a Glance
- Oil fired central heating plus gas stove in living room – no extra costs
- Double glazing
- Flat-screen TV with freesat, video, DVD player, Hi-Fi with CD player, radio and ipod dock, free wifi – for your own PC
- Well-organised range of maps, walks guides, brochures and information for planning your activities.
- Ample supply of games, books and videos.
- Off-road parking for up to four cars.
- Patio area with seating, picnic table, flower beds, bird feeders and planters – perfect for breakfast time and beyond!
- Small rear patio with table and chairs for soaking up late-afternoon or evening sun.
- Sun umbrella and kettle BBQ
- High quality cotton bedlinens, duvets, extra blankets/quilts and towels
- Hair-driers in each bedroom
- A welcome pack is provided, of all the basics plus a little more!
- A cot can be provided for babies or younger infants
- Please note, smoking is not permitted inside the cottage.
- Sorry, we do not take pets
‘A lovely well-equipped cottage in which to holiday in this area….’
‘We all remarked how everything in the cottage was a very high standard and the fixtures and fittings were much better than you usually find.’
‘Yet another lovely weekend in this beautiful cosy cottage. Had a little excitement with the Highland cattle down the lane…’
‘A delightful stay – warm hospitality, warm and gorgeous cottage, wonderful attention to detail in everything and a stunning environment. Who could ask for more!’
From the cottage you can walk or cycle numerous footpaths, quiet country lanes, and the spectacular Manifold Valley Trail. Within 20 minutes drive you can reach top attractions such as Alton Towers, High Peak, Tissington and Monsal Trails, charming local villages with welcoming tea-rooms and restaurants, the Coombe Valley RSPB Reserve, the Churnet Valley Steam Railway, Blackbrook Zoological Park plus all the natural beauty of Ilam and Dovedale and the Roaches. More info