Crow Pie Cottage – Large group holiday accommodation on the edge of the Peak District
The cottage has good access to a wide range of local facilities including pubs, restaurants and attractions (all within walking distance) as well as good access to a range of public transport links to Derby, Chesterfield, Sheffield and Manchester.
This holiday house on the edge of the Derbyshire Peak District is in the perfect location for discovering dozens of local attractions including Chatsworth House, Hardwick Hall and Haddon Hall as well as the UK’s most popular theme park, Alton Towers; the historically important Derwent Valley Mills where Sir Richard Arkwright started the Industrial Revolution and much, much more.
Ground floor/living areas
- Entrance hallway with coat hooks, shoe rack and sofa.
- Shaker style kitchen with gas hob, electric fan oven, dishwasher, fridge, freezer, slow cooker and microwave oven.
- Dining room with french style double doors opening out onto the garden and terrace area at the front of the house – perfect for al-fresco dining.
- Large living room with a feature fireplace with cosy log burning stove, comfy sofas and 40″ LCD TV/DVD with Sky+ HD TV package including Sky movies, Sky Sports and on demand TV plus a large and varied selection of over 80 DVDs.
- Snug/sitting room off living room with full sized, fully sprung double sofa-bed, ipod dock, Freeview TV, DVD player and a Chromecast for viewing catchup TV programmes/photos or apps from your smartphone or tablet on the big screen. In the snug is also a large bookcase with a huge range of books, games and jigsaws – ideal for those who just want to chill out away from it all.
- Utility area with washing machine, tumble dryer, iron, ironing board and supply of cleaning materials etc.
- Downstairs cloakroom with toilet and hand basin.
The centrally heated cottage has 5 bedrooms:
- Bedroom 1 -1 double bed plus 3ft bunk beds.
- Bedroom 2 – family room (1 double & 1 single)
- Bedroom 3 – twin room
- Bedroom 4 – twin room
- Bedroom 5 – double room
- Double sofa-bed (fully sprung) in Snug/occasional 6th bedroom
- One travel cot available on request for infants up to 15kg
Matlock Bath is a delightfully picturesque area of the Derwent Valley with steep sided hills, dense woodland and pretty houses that follow the river down into the valley.
Often described as a ‘seaside town without the sea’ or a ‘Mecca for bikers’ this quirky little place has something for everybody. Read more
What a beautifully loved and kept rental property. We’ve had a wonderful sunny week – so relaxed in your lovely welcoming home. Thank you
Really beautiful cottage in lovely surroundings. Had a great time!
Lovely cottage, so well equipped. Kids loved the garden.