The Dairy House – Large Victorian Rental Property – Portsmouth Harbour
The Dairy House is a lovely, sprawling detached Victorian house situated a minute from the foreshore of the historic Portsmouth Harbour in the southern coastal town of Gosport. The 7 bedrooms sleep 16 guests in 5ft King double or single beds plus additional visitors if requested and is ideal for special get togethers, family holidays, business or crew accommodation.
At a Glance
- 7 double bedrooms sleeping 16 (+ 4)
- King double or single beds to suit with all linen provided
- 5 showers and large corner bath with all towels provided
- Splendid large dining room (seating 16/20)
- Super fun gamesroom with pool/table tennis + 50″Tv/Wii
- Large kitchen, fully equipped for self catering
- Wireless broadband
- Radio/CD/I-Pod docking stations
- Tastefully and comfortably furnished
- Private gardens and off road parking for up to 6 vehicles
- 1 minute from the foreshore with great harbour views
- 5 minute Ferry Ride to Portsmouth and Gunwharf Quays
- Ferry to Gunwharf Quays up until 2am weekdays and 4am weekends
- Self catering with private chef and other catering options available
- Short breaks available all year round and all groups welcome
- Recent winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence
Each of the 7 lovely bedrooms have superior quality kingsize double beds which can separate to create 2 singles and are made up with crisp white cotton linen and fresh white towels for all guests. 2 of the bedrooms are ‘family’ rooms which can sleep 3/4, whichever your request, plus some of the bedrooms can also accommodate children’s cots where required.
The 5 high spec bathrooms all have quality fitted showers and the main 1st floor bathroom is also fitted with a large corner bath (complete with giant duck), with all towelling provided.
The kitchen comes fitted with all essential mod cons and is fully equipped for full self catering with a large range style gas cooker, washing machine, dishwasher, an American style fridge freezer, etc and there is even a second fridge freezer if required.
The adjacent dining room is home to a splendid large oak 16 seater dining table with 16 matching leather high backed dining chairs plus a smaller overspill table and 4 chairs to allow dining for 20 with French doors leading out onto the patio.
The lounge also comfortably seats 20 with binoculars in front of the large picture window to view the goings on in the Harbour and across to Portsdown Hill beyond with 3 of the sofas converting to bed settees if required.
In addition the property boasts a super fun games room with a pool/snooker table, table tennis table, a 50″ TV and Wii plus plenty of games to keep young and old amused with French doors leading out onto the patio.
The conservatory is off the dining and games room and is east facing with small bistro tables and chairs and occasional wicker armchairs where it is lovely to escape with your morning tea and toast and enjoy the first of the morning sun.
Finally there are the gardens, the front laid mainly to the drive for up to 4 vechicles and the rear being accessed from French doors from the dining room, games room and conservatory with a raised flagstone patio with table, chairs and parasol, a lawned area and a large hardstanding with table, chairs plus enough room for a couple of extra cars or boat or where the children can play whatever the weather.