Little Farley – Special, romantic holiday escape for two
Tucked away in remote ancient woodlands on the border of Wiltshire and Hampshire, nine miles from the historic cathedral city of Salisbury, is this charming, detached timbered cottage.
The property is one of two holiday cottages on the owner’s farm, which spans 24 acres of land and is home to cattle, horses, sheep and llamas.
The cottage has been thoughtfully created as a special, romantic holiday escape for two people, and the interior has been finished to a very high standard, with luxury furnishings throughout, creating a contemporary yet sumptuous style.
There is a well-equipped, open plan ground floor living space and an enclosed patio garden, whilst upstairs, the light and spacious eaves bedroom, together with a superb en-suite shower room, ensures a comfortable and restful night’s sleep.
Immediately outside you can walk between the ancient oaks, see horses, cattle and butterflies and possibly catch sight of the deer that call the woodland home.
You have the choice of exploring the 2000 acres of woodland and copses on foot, or use the well-marked cycle trails.
Outside the woods, a short drive takes you to the celebrated city of Salisbury, where you can spend a few hours marvelling at the stunning cathedral, enjoy browsing the bustling shopping centre and twice weekly market, or just relax with a drink by the river.
Further afield you can enjoy a visit to the New Forest National Park, ancient Stonehenge, or the historic city of Winchester.
This timeless holiday haven is a wonderful base for couples to spend quality time together in an elegant rural holiday cottage.
Note: This cottage is adjacent to Ref: 925646, together they sleep 8.
Features at a Glance
- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
One eaves double bedroom with en suite shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, breakfast bar and sitting area.
- Oil central heating
- Electric oven, induction hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi, selection of books
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Undercover bike storage
- Small enclosed paved and gravelled patio with furniture and BBQ
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 3 miles, pub 1 mile
- Note: Due to it being in the eaves, there is restricted head height at the sides of the bedroom
- Note: There are beef cattle, sheep, horses and llamas in the adjacent fields, therefore dogs should be kept on a lead when in the garden
- Note: The property is accessed through woods via an unmade and uneven track, 0.4 miles long, not suitable for low wheelbase cars
- Note: WiFi on ground floor only and mobile signal is intermittent
- Note: This property is not suitable for children, infants or babes-in-arms.
Farley 1 mile; West Winterslow 1.5 miles; Salisbury 9 miles; New Forest National Park 10 miles; Stockbridge 14 miles.
Bentley Woods is a 2000-acre woodland nature reserve, designated a Site of Special Scientific Interest, which sits on the Wiltshire side of the border with Hampshire.
“This little cottage is stunning. The location is beautiful. There are deer roaming the woods which was a treat. Close to Salisbury which is great. We had home made cake on arrival and it is s fantastic place for dogs. We are definitely planning on coming back. Thank you!!”
View Website »
Office: 01244 746383