Lon Lodges – Luxury Holiday Lodges in Mid Wales
Award Winning 5-star self-catering lodges, offering a special holiday experience with private spa hot tub in the heart of beautiful Mid Wales and the Cambrian Mountains. These Lodges were finalists in the National Tourism for Wales 2010 and 2013 – Best Place to Stay.
Ash and Sycamore Lodges are situated on a family farm, 4 miles from the small market town of Rhayader. Both Lodges have been sustainably built using locally sourced timber. Sleeping 6 people in each Lodge, they offer luxury accommodation within the beautiful countryside and have two Farm Nature Trails straight from the Lodge’s doorstep.
Relax and unwind. There are lots of wonderful walks, peaceful lanes to cycle and many mountain biking tracks. Nature reserves, pony trekking and fishing are on the doorstep and the area is a bird watcher’s paradise.
The Lodges at a Glance
- Lodges are No Smoking environments.
- Under floor heating system runs throughout with multi room thermostats.
- A welcome pack of locally produced Welsh wine and Welshcakes awaits our guests on arrival.
- Free wifi internet connection is available with a fair use policy.
- Private Spa hot tub with LED lighting – great for evening star gazing! In use all year round.
- Identical Lodges, decorated with a warm, cosy, Welshness!
- A private and secure fenced garden surrounds your Lodge, providing a safe environment for children.
- Private lockable garden shed with recycling facilities for optional storage of outdoor equipment.
- Access to Lôn Lodges farm walks and nature trails straight from your doorstep!
- Information guide, map and waymarkers to follow on the Lowland River Meadow Walk and the Upland Hill Walk.
- Pre-order delivered hampers of fine welsh foods, Bob the Butcher’s award winning meats. Please see our Luxury Extras Page
- Be pampered and book an aromatherapy or reflexology treatment in the nearby Beauty Rooms in Rhayader.
- Christmas and New Year bookings – Decorations and Tree to make a special seasonal holiday.
- Electric Vehicle Charging Station available for guests.
Things to Do
There is so much to do in this delightful part of Mid Wales so if you are looking for a relaxing stay or a more active break Click Here for more.
“Fantastic Lodge, lovely clean rooms and an amazing lounge and kitchen. Lots of love and care put into it.”
“Very welcoming owners who have such care and respect for their guests – so thoughtful – the lodge is so well equipped, I have never seen so much consideration.”
“I can’t put into words how bowled over I am, I have been taking these weekend breaks for 4 years and finally I have found the perfect place – a perfect retreat – will be back for longer!”
“We have had a peaceful and relaxing holiday and have had a wonderful time.”
“Lodges and hot tubs are our favourite holidays but this lodge is my favourite by far. What a stunning place this is. The standard is fantastic and the owners are so friendly and welcoming.”