Middle Stone Farm offers the choice of three types of accommodation in a delightful rural setting in West Somerset. Around the farm are a variety of rare breed animals and there are views all around of The Quantock Hills and nearby Exmoor.
N.B All Accommodation have Hot Tubs
The Deckhouse is a timber cabin with a private hot tub and lovely views across farmland dotted with rare breed sheep, geese and alpacas. It sleeps up to four people and is particularly popular with couples and families. It has been thoughtful decorated with cheerful rugs and lots of colour. The Deckhouse is heated with an efficient wood burning stove and all the logs for the fire and wood burning hot tub are provided for your stay. The cabin is open all year round.
Three luxury safari lodges are in a different field, each lodge has its own wood fired hot tub. The lodges sleep up to six people and are perfect for groups of friends, couples and families.
Each lodge has a king bed, pair of twin beds and a double cabin, bedlinen and towels are provided. There is a private en-suite shower room and a washroom within the tent structure. Hot water for the shower, basin and kitchen sink is heated by an artisan wood boiler in the bathroom which also heats the bathroom area. There is a good 4G signal in the field.
Outside each lodge is a large wood fired hot tub, hammock, barbecue area and picnic table. Each lodge is 20 metres apart and placed in a 3 acre field with views of the distant hills.
The safari lodges are open from Easter to October. There is farmshop onsite where guests can purchase local foods, meat from the farm and bakery goods. There is also a good selection of quality wine and local beer.
Self Catering Cottage
The Stable Cottage is a converted single story annex attached to the farmhouse. It sleeps four people (plus a cot). Dogs are welcome depending on the season. Comfy sofas, colourful rugs and ceramics are set against slate floor and beams of the open-plan living space. There’s a wood-burning stove for chillier days while the kitchen area is fitted with all the mod cons. Bedrooms are light and uncluttered, with brass bedsteads and homely, colourful quilts; the shower room is spacious and cheerful.
Outside there’s a Hot Tub, raised patio with a table and BBQ and views around the farm. Exmoor and the Quantocks are close by, the coast 25 minutes and beautiful walks and cycling are from the doorstep. With WiFi included, solar power, a bio mass boiler which heats both houses and borehole water, this is a peaceful eco-home.
Groups are welcome at Middle Stone Farm and all the accommodation when booked together sleeps up to 26 people.
- The farm is just a few miles from Exmoor National Park, a unique landscape of dramatic coast, moorland, farmland and deep wooded valleys. Exmoor is home to some of the finest walking and riding you could hope to find.
- 25 minutes from Kilve beach, an area of Special Scientific Interest where you might be lucky to find some fossils. You’ll find a sandy beach at Blue Anchor when the tide is out.
- 25 minutes from 11th-century Dunster Castle and the charming medieval village surrounding it. The National Trust castle has far reaching views and subtropical gardens.
- 15 minutes from the West Somerset Railway – the longest heritage railway in England. Take in some fine scenery at a leisurely pace.
- You’ll find very good food at the Notley Arms in Monksilver or Scarlett’s Garden in Langford Budville. Wiveliscombe has an award winning butcher and farmer’s market.
- The Quantocks are nearby, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The area is wonderful for walking, biking and horse riding.