Newlands – Superb central setting for a Lake District
Hawkshead 4 miles. Located on a beautiful, 5000-acre private country estate of diverse lake, forest, woodland and meadow landscapes, this charming courtyard of Victorian farm buildings, dating from 1890, sits in a superb central setting for a Lake District getaway to remember. Each of these delightful Lake District cottages has been thoughtfully refurbished and retain much original character, well balanced with modern furnishings and set just one mile from the shores of Lake Windermere. Each has been finished to a high standard, with most offering cosy open fires or woodburners to snuggle beside after a busy day. There’s a variety of holiday accommodation available, from cosy, romantic retreats to larger family-friendly properties. Many of these Lake District cottages share a pleasant patio garden and there are some wonderful on-site facilities to take advantage of, which include a fantastic indoor heated swimming pool, a fitness suite, table tennis room and a children’s play area.
This magical estate offers an escape to another world with a 2.5-acre lake, just a 10-minute walk from the courtyard, which is well stocked with rainbow trout and boasts a serene setting for hazy afternoons spent fly fishing. During the spring and summer months, guests can roam Graythwaite Hall’s pretty gardens, which are open to the public, while all year round, the estate’s grounds provide a wonderland for all ages and offer plenty of places to stop for a picnic or enjoy a quiet stroll along the lakeshore or a gentle cycle along the traffic-free lanes that weave through the parkland countryside.
Outdoor adventure awaits from the very doorstep with the estate able to provide comprehensive walking maps and guides as well as arranging canoe hire, climbing and guided hikes along with a plethora of other adrenaline-fueled activities. Chug through the vivid scenery with a trip on the Lakeside and Haverthwaite Steam Railway, just four miles away, which can only be outshined by a memorable cruise along the lake all the way to Bowness-on-Windermere, where a wealth of attractions and amenities await you. Graythwaite customers can also avail of a multitude of benefits for local services and attractions. Enjoy discounted rates for Go Ape, mountain bike hire at Grizedale as well as a local catering company and delicious welcome packs with succulent, locally-sourced food. Delivery of milk and provisions can also be arranged, and the nearby Lakeside Hotel also offer a discount exclusively for Graythwaite customers. This group of Lake District properties provides an unforgettable escape, and is an excellent destination for a special holiday spent relaxing and enjoying the tranquil setting and fantastic on-site facilities. Booked together, the properties can accommodate 82 people.
Features at a Glance
- Swimming pool
- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
This very homely first floor apartment forms part of a large central barn conversion.
Newlands offers spacious and charming holiday accommodation, boasting character beams and elevated views across the beautiful surrounding grounds.
The two bedrooms comprise a cosy twin and a bright king-size double benefiting from its own en-suite shower room.
Settle together in the cosy sitting room and mull over holiday plans by the warmth of the woodburner or relax on the sunny shared patio after an afternoon swim.
This wonderful apartment is a great choice for your Lake District getaway.
- Electric central heating with woodburner
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, shared use of tumble dryer in table tennis room, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi, public phone in courtyard
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent
- Kindling available £4/bag
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair
- Ample off road parking
- Shared patio with furniture and BBQ
- Shared use of estate grounds and facilities inc. indoor heated swimming pool, table tennis room, children’s play area, fitness suite and 2.5-acre trout fishing lake
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shops 4 miles, pubs 2 miles
- Note: Property located above Ref
- 914055 and accessed by approx
- 16 external steps
- Note: Water from private supply, fed from freshwater lake
- Note: Fitness suite charged at £20/guest/week (£15 for short breaks), payable on site
- Note: Pool open 8.45am – 7.30pm daily, with shower, 2 x WC and limited changing facilities
- Note: Licence required for fishing, equipment can be hired locally, fishing FOC unless catch is made, then small fee applicable
- Note: Limited mobile reception
- Note: The swimming pool will be closed from Monday 21st November to Friday 16th December 2016.
The picturesque village of Hawkshead still retains the charm and character that so endeared it to its most famous residents – William Wordsworth and Beatrix Potter. Visitors can wander the wealth of tiny alleyways, thoroughfares, archways and courtyards between the whitewashed 17th century houses. There are many pleasant inns, teashops, guest houses and gift shops in the village, as well as the Beatrix Potter Gallery, which houses an annually changing exhibition of the famous author’s illustrations and stories.
“This was a lovely cottage in a beautiful estate with endless amounts of walks on the doorstep. Such a great relaxing break away and highly recommended. Allows two dogs which is fab and has great facilities. Wish we could of stayed longer and cannot wait to return. It was all perfect and wouldn’t have changed one thing.”
View Website »
Office: 01244 746383