Award Winning Self Catering in Suffolk
A beautifully maintained 5 star retreat ideal for exploring the Suffolk countryside and coast and offering a peaceful escape for all the family.
Old Drift House is a delightfully maintained home dating back to the 15th century. Old as the house might be the accommodation is tastefully modern and has been carefully upgraded by Euan and Jill Black, to 5 Star Gold standard and has won Best Suffolk Self Catering Establishment for 2 years running.
Sleeps ~ 8
- Four Bedrooms
- Three Bathrooms, one ensuite
- Beamed throughout
- Large Living Room with baby grand piano
- Spacious Dining Room with large dining table
- Country kitchen fully equipped including microwave, dishwasher, fridgefreezer, iron and ironing board
- Free view TV, DVD & VHS player
- CD, tape & radio player
- Ipod Docker and Charger
- Wi Fi
- Bedlinen & bath towels provided
- Garage for car or bicycles
- Telephone and cot available by prior arrangement
- Utility room with additional fridgefreezer, washing machine and dryer
- Large secluded English country garden with furniture, BBQ and childrens’ Wendy House
- Village Pub 200 yards away ~ child friendly & serves good food
- Weekly bookings – Friday to Friday or Monday to Monday
- Short breaks – Friday to Monday for 3 nights or Monday to Friday for 4 nights
Old Drift House is set in the picturesque medieval village of Kersey in the heart of the Suffolk countryside not far from the beautiful and unspoilt Suffolk coast. Kersey is one of England’s chocolate box villages with a stunning hilltop church, beautiful thatched cottages and an ancient ford running through the centre of the village.
Situated with miles of quiet country lanes all around and several public houses within walking distance, it is ideally placed for walkers, cyclists and country lovers.
“A lovely break, better than the brochure”
“I’ve stayed in plenty of amazing hotels round the world, but this cottage tops them all – in facilities, atmosphere, cleanliness and charm”
“Quiet, restful, relaxing – just what we wanted. A very relaxing stay. Beds very comfy, cosy and warm!”
“Property outstanding character, comfortable and homely. Perfect venue for my husbands 60th with his children and grandchildren.”
“Property of outstanding character! V. homely and comfortable in a fantastic location. Lots to do locally, especially the Hollow Farm Trail”
“Beautiful, idyllic fairy-tale cottage and village.”
“The house is so cosy and warm with every need catered for. ”
“Beautiful house and gardens. Great space for two families. Such a beautiful village – felt quite emotional walking round it.”