SPECIAL OFFER… 3 nights from Friday 25th January 2019 now only £399, inc. bottle of fizz, chocolates and unlimited use of HOT TUB!
Luxury Cottage with Hot Tub, 3 nights Friday 25th January 2019 now only £399, includes bottle of fizz, chocolates and unlimited use of HOT TUB, sleeps 6 + travel cot.
The Old Granary – Luxury cottage in the Derbyshire Dales
This charming stone barn conversion has been renovated to provide the ultimate get away from it all break in the Derbyshire Dales. It is ideally placed to visit the Peak District.
Appealing conversion of Grade II listed former grain store, combining 18th Century character and charm with 21st Century style and comfort. The Old Granary sleeps up to 8 guests in three bedrooms with the added option of The Shepherds Hut which sleeps 2 (priced separately) and is set in an idyllic, private location in the rural hamlet of Wheatcroft being close to the market town of Matlock approximately 4 miles away.
The barn has been restored to incredibly high standards and offers spacious accommodation in which you can relax and unwind in a wonderful setting. Oak beamed ceilings and beautifully appointed with quality furnishings and close attention to detail.
The Old Granary has once again achieved a Gold Award for exceptional quality of accommodation and customer service from Visit England Quality.
For a totally rejuvenating experience why not try the Saratoga spa. The spa has been designed with a special feature called ‘power massage’, a system which provides relief along curves and angles of your body, specially designed contours of the spas shell guide powerful therapeutic water ribbons down the neck and back area and along the full length of your spine.
The spa is set within the stone patio area with far reaching views over the Derbyshire countryside. Available all year round, why not come and enjoy the experience
At A Glance
- Personal welcome pack including wine, chocolates, flowers, 6 free range eggs from our own chickens, tea, instant coffee (please note coffee beans are not included), sugar, milk, all cleaning products together with dishwasher/washing machine tablets, washing up liquid, kitchen roll, cling film, foil, sandwich bags, handwash, shampoo/body wash and conditioner.
- Stunning views in an ‘Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty’.
- Linen, towels, electricity, central heating and complimentary basket of logs, further at cost.
- Direct access to footpath.
- 20 mins from M1 – private, secure parking.
- Hydrotherapy spa.
- Change over day Friday.
- Short breaks available low-season.
- Open all year.
- Cot, high chair and stair gate available free of charge (on request), please bring your own cot linen.
- Sorry no smoking and no pets.
The Shepherd’s Hut
In addition to The Old Granary we are now offering a unique opportunity to combine the 5 star luxury of the cottage with a glamping experience to take you back in time, staying in a newly renovated shepherds hut.
The hut is situated in its own peaceful wild flower meadow just a stone’s throw away from the cottage with wonderful views over rolling countryside. Adjacent to the hut is an enclosed walled area home to a few of our own resident hens. A pathway leads from the hut through the wildflower meadow to The Old Granary barn. Click here for more.
“We’ve stayed in numerous cottages/barns over many years and this is definitely up there with the best. We would endorse all the comments in the visitor’s books, not least regarding the quality of the accommodation, the view from the deck and the hot tub! We will most likely be back.”
“Stunning barn worthy of 5 stars, hot tub was great with views to die for, definitely a home from home. Everything you would ever think to need it is here. We wanted a peaceful break and got exactly that. Thanks.”