Enjoy a post Easter midweek break at the luxurious Penblaith Barn. An ideal base to explore some fantastic countryside nearby on foot or by bike. The Brecon Beacons, Forest of Dean and Wye Valley are all within easy reach.
Penblaith Barn – Award winning Self-Catering Holiday Cottage Herefordshire
Penblaith Barn is a 5-Star, award-winning, luxury self-catering holiday cottage in South Herefordshire with eight bedrooms sleeping up to eighteen guests.
Penblaith Bar is a traditional stone barn conversion that combines 18th century character with 21st century luxury and style. Just four miles north of Monmouth, the cottage offers an ideal large venue for family gatherings, reunions and group holidays.
At a Glance
- Visit England 5 Star, award-winning, luxury, self-catering holiday cottage in South Herefordshire.
- Sleep up to eighteen guests, in eight en-suite bedrooms with one family suite.
- In rural location four miles from the charming market town of Monmouth.
- Stunning elevated position in large garden with games room and outdoor hot tub.
- Large patio area running the full length of the barn with barbecue, outdoor seating and hot tub.
- Conventional ground-floor layout.
- Impressive galleried entrance hall with large oak staircase.
- Kitchen facilities at one end of the large dining room and additional adjacent chef’s working kitchen.
- One bedroom suite on ground floor with wet-room suitable for the less able.
- Three of the bedroom suites have both a bath and shower.
Fun & Facilities
The games room, complete with table tennis and a pool table, as well as other outdoor games equipment, allows our guests to make full use of an extensive garden. Overlooking magnificent views towards the Cotswolds, a paved patio runs the entire length of the barn, with a hot tub and barbecue perfect for an unforgettable rural retreat.
See & Do
located in rural south Herefordshire on a working family mixed farm. Boasting stunning views across rolling open countryside, there are a variety of local walks and nearby pubs, but we are also within a 15 minute drive of the market towns of Hereford, Ross-on-Wye and Monmouth. We are also within 20 minutes of a range of outdoor pursuits in the Forest of Dean, Brecon Beacons and the Wye Valley, where you can enjoy kayaking, climbing, horse and bike riding or, for the more adventurous teams, GoApe treetop courses.
We are within an hour’s drive of the country’s finest racecourses including Cheltenham, Chepstow and Ludlow, and there are many golf courses nearby, including Celtic Manor, which was the host venue for the 2011 Ryder Cup.
Trip Advisor Comments
“A fabulous property at an incredibly reasonable price”
“Great weekend & excellent facilities to make our stay so enjoyable”
“Great Accommodations and great views”
“Great choice for our joint 50th birthday weekend”