Penblaith Barn – Award winning Self-Catering Holiday Cottage in Herefordshire
Penblaith Barn is a 5-Star gold, award-winning, luxury self-catering holiday cottage in South Herefordshire with eight bedrooms sleeping up to eighteen guests.
Penblaith Barn is a traditional stone barn conversion that combines 18th century character with 21st century luxury and style. Just four miles north of Monmouth, the cottage offers an ideal large venue for family gatherings, reunions and group holidays.
At a Glance
- Visit England 5 Star gold, award-winning, luxury, self-catering holiday cottage in South Herefordshire with stunning views.
- Sleeps up to eighteen guests, in eight en-suite bedrooms including one family suite.
- Rural location with elevated position in a large garden.
- M1, M2, H1, H2, V1 rated
- Large patio area running the full length of the barn with BBQ, outdoor seating, pizza oven and hot tub. Separate games room area with outdoor games, table tennis, a pool table and table football.
- Conventional ground-floor layout.
- Impressive galleried entrance hall with large oak staircase.
- Kitchen facilities at one end of the large dining room and additional adjacent chef’s working kitchen. Fully equipped bar area in the dining room.
- One bedroom suite on ground floor with wet-room suitable for the less able.
- Three of the bedroom suites have both a bath and shower.
Fun & Facilities
The games room is complete with table tennis, table football and a pool table, as well as other outdoor games equipment. Guests can make full use of the extensive garden. Overlooking magnificent views towards the Cotswolds, a paved patio runs the entire length of the barn, with a hot tub, BBQ, pizza oven and ample outdoor seating – perfect for an unforgettable rural retreat.
See & Do
Penblaith Barn boasts stunning views across rolling open countryside. There are a variety of local walks and nearby pubs, but we are also within a 15 minute drive of the market towns of Monmouth, Ross on Wye and Hereford. We are also near a range of outdoor pursuits in the Forest of Dean, Brecon Beacons and the Wye Valley, where you can enjoy kayaking, climbing, horse and bike riding or, for the more adventurous teams, GoApe treetop courses.
We are within an hour’s drive of the country’s finest racecourses including Cheltenham, Chepstow and Ludlow, and there are many golf courses nearby, including Celtic Manor, which was the host venue for the 2011 Ryder Cup.
“The quality of every aspect of Penblaith is 5 star. Fifteen of us stayed and not one of us could find any fault whatsoever.”
“What a hidden gem.. truly an amazing sight when you pull into the drive with breath taking views!!!!”
“The barn itself exceeded expectations, every bedroom was spacious and clean. The games room was a great addition to the property. The location is superb and we loved sitting outside, either in the hot tub or while making use of the bbq facilities. I would highly recommend Penblaith Barn to anyone!”
“The cottage is absolutely stunning ! As we come from a busy city it was so tranquil just hearing the wildlife in the morning.”