Walk into Spring Cottage and discover your complimentary hamper of gorgeous locally produced food and drink waiting for you! Local free-range eggs, apple juice, fresh baked bread, Cornish butter, milk, cheese and clotted cream, scones, homemade strawberry jam – we’ve even thought of Cornish-grown tea for you to try! Please mention this offer when booking, thank you!
Spring Cottage – Romantic cottage for two in the Tamar Valley, Cornwall
The perfect romantic retreat with stunning views toward Dartmoor and ideally located in Cornwall just over the Devon/Cornwall border.
Cosy and romantic are just two words to describe Spring Cottage. Brimming with character and comfort, Spring Cottage makes the perfect base for breaks and holidays at anytime of the year.
Relax in front of the wood burner set back into a huge inglenook fireplace, cheery rugs and cushions, a deep leather sofa and squishy armchair, books, maps, magazines, CDs and board/card games. Up steep winding stairs is a surprisingly large and light bedroom with curved beams, a super big wooden bed, a sparkling bathroom with a roll top bath and a large walk-in shower.
Facilities at a Glance
- Off-road parking
- Free WiFi
- Smart T.V with Netflix
- Teatime treats and welcome hamper
- Land line with honesty box as the mobile signal can be a bit patchy
- Bathroom and kitchen towels (except beach towels)
- White Company bedlinen; non-allergenic duvet and feather/non-allergenic pillows; dual control electric blanket
- Luxury bathrobes and toiletries
- Electricity and central heating
- Wood burner – enough free logs and kindling for your stay
- Fridge with ice-box, 4 zone ceramic hob, full size built-under oven, microwave oven, slimline dishwasher, toaster, kettle, Bosch Tassimo coffee machine etc
- Radio/CD player with selection of CDs
- Selection of magazines, maps, books and games
- Bucket style barbecue
- Washing machine/dryer in downstairs utility room/wc
- Simple cleaning kit, first aid kit, hair dryer, hot water bottles, iron and ironing board
See & Do
Perfectly located to explore the beautiful Tamar Valley which is right on your doorstep. This is a stunning wooded river valley between Bodmin Moor and Dartmoor. Maybe the fabulous beaches of East Cornwall are a must for you or maybe a visit to the multitude of gorgeous towns and villages is part of your stay. There is so much to do in this special part of Cornwall and there is even a great pub just a very short drive from the cottage door.
“5* – a fabulous host, great location, amazing food and a beautiful cottage to relax in. We will be back! I cannot recommend this place highly enough. A little gem”
“Thank you for allowing us to stay in your wonderful cottage. It is perfectly located in such a peaceful and tranquil part of the country. We found it very hard to leave, we will miss the amazing views from the cottage, the sound of just the birds singing”
A perfect part of our second honeymoon! Thank you Sally – you and the cottage are lovely”