Swan House is a stunning country house in the beautiful Gloucestershire Cotswolds, offering 5-Star luxury self-catering holiday cottage accommodation for up to 12 guests. This large self-catering Cotswolds holiday cottage – with two acres of private gardens, a trout lake and river frontage – has six bedrooms, making it especially suitable for group holidays such as family reunions.
The heart of the house is a magnificent 36-foot drawing room, sumptuously furnished, with a grand piano and extensive views over the gardens and lake.
A large hall / sitting room leads through to a stunning state-of-the-art kitchen (new in May 2013) with an Aga, catering oven and combination oven. There are two dishwashers to help with your dinner parties, an enormous fridge to take all the food you will need, and wonderful wine storage.
Just off the kitchen, which is the heart of this amazing home, is the breakfast room. Take your coffee and croissant through to the new terrace, or, if it’s chilly, just sit here and look down over the garden. Sunday papers never felt so good!
From the other side of the kitchen, go through to the new dining room. Made from the old garage, it is a fabulous space that takes the views through from the village green right through to the gardens, across the lake and to the woods beyond.
The drawing room, the hall and the dining room all have log-burning fires.
Equipment-wise, there is a 42 inch flat-screen plasma television, DVD / CD player, iPod player, and numerous board games to keep all ages and interests amused.
There are six bedrooms: four doubles (three of which have king-size beds) and two twins, which can be made into super-king-size beds. All are beautifully appointed and most have views of the gardens or the village. The master bedroom boasts a four-poster bed.
There are five bathrooms, all luxuriously fitted with modern baths and showers and most set in marble.
- Luxury self-catering holiday cottage accommodation in the Gloucestershire Cotswolds.
- Six bedroomed country house sleeping 12 with four-poster master bedroom.
- 17th century Grade II listed property.
- Secluded location in two acres of private, well tended gardens with trout lake and river frontage.
- Terrace for informal outdoor dining with gas barbecue.
- Free Wi-fi Internet access for use with your own laptop.
- Welcome hamper and toiletries.
- Conveniently located in an Area of National Beauty in the heart of the Gloucestershire Cotswolds near to Bibury, Burford, Stow-in-the-Wold and Cirencester.
- Enjoy England 5 Stars Self Catering grading.
- Enjoy England Gold Award for Excellence in Self Catering.
- Member of Premier Cottages.
The gardens, extending to two acres, are idyllic, with a formal long herbaceous border, wild garden, orchard, trout lake and a river frontage. There is a large terrace for informal summer dining and a gas-fired barbeque. Sitting in the hammock, listening to the river bubble by, is guaranteed to diminish stress!
The setting of the house is a walkers’ paradise, with countless local walks and longer walks to lovely local pubs. Bicycles are also available and, for the less energetic, there are fly-fishing rods for use in the lake.
Swan House could not be better placed for a self-catering small group or family gathering in the Cotswolds, Winson being about equidistant from Cirencester, Burford and Stow-on-the-Wold, all quintessential Cotswold towns. More Information
We will be very happy to answer any questions you may have so if you wish to make an enquiry, please contact us by telephone 020 8995 9072 or email email@example.com