Luxury Lodges with Hot tub – nr the Lake District
Discover the Tranquil Otter, a private nature reserve with seven lakeside lodges all south-facing with fabulous views across the lake. We offer short breaks, long weekends as well as longer stays.
Tranquil Otter lodges have a unique setting, at the water’s edge, the Lough is teeming with wildlife, enjoy watching swans, moorhens, woodpeckers by day and sunset and stars by night all from your private hot tub. Each lodge comes with its own flat bottomed boat, get out and enjoy the lake. We can provide buoyancy jackets for young children and adults.
Heron – our three bedroom lodge
At a Glance
- 5 star luxury lodge with all mod-cons and right on the lake
- Private deck with hot tub for you to enjoy – all by yourself
- Free high speed internet Wifi access throughout your stay
- Log fire to take the chill off the evening air
- Woods to explore, including birdhide.
- Hadrian’s Wall path on our door step.
- Dog friendly lodges.
The Tranquil Otter is a unique experience for wheelchair users, we offer wheelchair accessible holidays in all our lodges. The following lodges achieve National Accessible Scheme’s level M1 and M2 ratings.
- Buzzard NAS Graded M1 and Visit Britain graded 5 Star
- Dunnock, Egret and Heron; these three lodges are fully accessible for wheelchair users and have been awarded M2 and 5 star by Visit Britain.
Thank you for a lovely weekend. We’ve all thoroughly enjoyed our stay.
What a fantastic place, a little piece of heaven
Loved it! That’s all we need to say…
An amazing location with accommodation that exceeds expectations.
Everything we needed for a relaxing weekend.